Yum!
So since moving out almost a month ago, I finally found myself with a need to learn how to cook. Especially once the boy moved in seeing as how he's a bottomless pit and the good ol' reliable bachelor/college kid foods of pasta roni and top ramen just weren't enough to fill him up.
One of my favorite things to make is Shephard's Pie. It's a vastly different variation on the old-school version that everyone knows. And I think it makes it far easier to deal with. It's really a quick meal that's filling and full of homey goodness. As my friend Candance says, it's full of comfort food goodness. The boys also loves it. It's his favorite meal that makes his eyes light up at the mere mention of it. And it's quite tasty with gravy.
Wanna see? Too fucking bad, because I'm showing you. So suck it up!
<This is the meat and the saute'd onions. Excellent. I love to mess around with spices, so it never tastes exactly the same. Which is comforting in it's randomness.

This is the mashed potatoes. Which the boy works on. He mashes them for me to make dinner get ready faster. Sure, it's for greedy reasons, but hell. I'll take it when I have it.

And this, my friends, is the finished product. It's uber tasty.

And the boy loves it so much, he demanded having a picture of him with the pie. I swear, he wants to hump that thing when it comes out of the oven.
Anyways, one of his friends is crashing at our place right now. So I'm going to go clean up a bit so we have places to sit and eat this Shephard's Pie. Lata'!
Kris
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home