1.02.2010

A New Year, A New Day

But in all honesty, I hate all the hype about the new year. For me, it was just all about people setting goals for themselves that they were likely to forget 2 months into the year because suddenly reality kicks in.

I have never made a new year's resolution.

However, I did find out about this amazing deal called 101 in 1001. This is more like something I can manage. You make a list of 101 things that you would like to do, and then you have 1001 days in which to do it!
I'm working on my list right now. It's about half-way done. And I'll be posting it here for some motivation.

With this year comes the realization that I'm going to be turning 25. Yup, 25. And while it slightly saddens me that I'll be half way over the hill, I've decided to see this as my first opportunity to really grow up. I'm not talking about being all prim-and-proper because that's insanely impossible for me to do. But I really feel like I have some maturing left to do. I'm still discovering more about myself and with that discovery comes finding out things you're not too keen on. So I'm going to take my opportunity now to work on those before they become engrained in my brain like a nasty habit like biting your nails. Which I do, but that's beside the point.

I'm going to knit like crazy this year. I will read more books. I will be more active. And I will be moving again. I have a lot on my plate to deal with as far as bills and work and just keeping us fed goes. But I have hope. My cooking skills have become much better. While I'm no chef, I have a more generalized idea of what goes on. Beyond Mac N Cheese and Hamburger Helper, that is. ;)

I have my boy and my dog to help me get through life and I'm hoping that this year, things will be a bit easier. But until then, feel free to read up on the chaos that is my life.

And I promise I'll try not to bitch too much. ;P

Here's to a New Year!

skribbel

1 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

I have shoes older than you are.

That is all.

xo

January 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home